Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I'm Dyeing.....

Lots and lots of fiber. Well, only a pound, but it felt like a lot. I was only able to do this because BOTH kids took a nap yesterday.

From left to right: Top left is aqua targhee, bottom left is "pop a wheelie" merino/tencel, "state fair" targhee, "cornfield" targhee, "Nanana on a tangent" targhee, "Peach Nehi" targhee, and "Nanana" merino. All the targhee is mine, the other is Ana's.


And here's a close-up of "Pop a Wheelie"


Close up of Cornfields, Nanana on a Tangent, and Peach Nehi...



I still have some left to do. Only about 2 oz of the targhee, though.

This is way too much fun. :)

6 comments:

GaietyGirl said...

Nanana is gorgeous. I love blues, as my visa will attest to...

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I've always wondered how people come up with the names for their colorways. :)

Robin said...

Here ya go...

Pop A Wheelie -- Reminded me of the colors of a Big Wheel trike.

Nanana -- Custom dyed for Entrelac (aka Ana). Ceci's nickname for her is 'Na.

Nanana on a Tangent -- Vertical stripes of color instead of horizontal.

State Fair -- Colors of huge bales of cotton candy.

Cornfields -- Yellow corn; Green stalks.

Peach Nehi -- It's a type of coke only available in the Deep South. So peachy it leaves fur on your tongue.

Aqua -- I got tired and uncreative.

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Dude! Fur on your tongue??? Gih!!

Anonymous said...

7 Things...

You've Been Tagged!

http://knitchaos.livejournal.com/

Mary, Mary... said...

IOoops, I didn't know you had been tagged already--my bad.