Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Knitting, Knitting, Spinning, and Knitting



And here we have another FO, Sarah's Diagonal Scarf. I knit it with just over a skein of Noro Silk Garden in color 258, which looks amazingly like a 8-count box of crayons. I found the pattern on Angel Yarns, through Ravelry, though I've seen scarves like this a whole lot of everywhere. Needless to say, she absolutely adores it. The plan is to knit up some of my self-striping worsted-weight hand-spun into a few of these for samples so customers can see just how nicely the colors transition.



Next up is another symptom of my Silk Garden addiction, the Flutter-Sleeve Cardigan from Interweave Knits Spring 2008, with a slight modification. I decided to knit it in the round so that the stripes would stay "friendly" the whole way round. Again, this was basically test-driving a sample pattern for my own line of yarns (I'm soooo sneaky.. *sarcasm*).



Above is a little teaser of some Alpaca/Merino/Silk lace-weight that I'll be taking over to Gauge shortly. The roving was from Spinning Bunny, and ohmygoodness, am I in LOVE with her stuff. :)



And here is a lone sock from some Claudia Handpaint from Gauge Knit. The pattern is the Biker Chic sock pattern, available from Zen String.

No comments: