Saturday, March 03, 2007

Where to start.....

I guess I should start with the oldest news first...

I went to meet my knitting gals at a not so local coffee shop with toy area for the kiddos) and though they weren't there, I found out that it's a great place for the kids to hang out and learn to share on neutral territory. They're not so great at it at houses, but very good in public places. They also have great coffee. Wednesdays are not good, though... That's storytime, and even though the kids love it, that's too many people for me.

My DH got a raise and a bonus! And a job offer from his old company in Louisiana that would NOT be a step down! So, hopefully we'll be moving to Monroe in May - right before the hellish Austin summer hits.

And possibly the least impactful, but certainly the most exciting news for me this second.... I SOLD MY BOUCLE ON ETSY! Yes, I'm screaming. But you've got to understand. I absolutely adore spinning. I like dyeing, but I love spinning and I would like nothing else than to be able to sell enough to actually cover the fiber costs and this is a step in the right direction.

Oh, and last but not least, major thanks to the SAHB (stay-at-home-Brit) who gave me a serious knock in the head regarding hobby-oriented business this past Tuesday. Yes, I can do this, but I have to decide NOW whether I want a business or a self-supporting hobby.

And on that note, I've got 13 ounces of Columbia/Dorset blend that Ana and I are planning to assault with Cushing's dye and blending techniques this weekend. It's going to be in one GREAT BIG LOT on etsy, so you need to get while the getting's good if you want it. Here's a hint on the colorway... the theme is "Cliffs of Moher." Google it, baby. You know you want to.

I promise this is the last paragraph. I'm going to try to start a "as my momma used to say" quote at the end of my posts. Watch out for strange southern idioms.

As my momma used to say, "Fish or cut bait."

3 comments:

Tucker said...

Wow. Lots of news. I hope you guys have a good move.

Anonymous said...

Honey, I am so gonna miss you and your little booger bears. I am also so proud that you sold your 1st of MANY handspun yarns.

ZantiMissKnit said...

Hey, my friend Tim is from Monroe. That waaaaay up there in LA!