Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Listen Up!

This is a Public Service Announcement to all of my friends, family, and acquaintances.

I am a very, very busy lady. This means that if I acknowledge your existence in any way, shape, or form, you fit the very definition of "extremely admired and loved by Robin." If I hang out with you at least once a week, you go up into the category of "cool as shit." (Don't worry, Mom. You're cool as shit, too. Gas is just too $$ for me to go see you every week.)

I'm also a bit over-protective of my friends. Which means if you talk bad about one of my friends, we will be having a come-to-Jesus meeting.

So here's the crux of the problem. If you fit into one of the two above categories and you dare to belittle yourself, we're going to have a fight. A big fight. Therefore, don't pull that shit with me. I love you guys and gals. Don't make me hurt you.

Just so you don't think I'm a total meanie, I do understand venting and worrying. That's not what I'm referring to. I don't care if you say, "I feel like a poopie-head today," "I am a poopie-head today," or "I'm sorry if I was a poopie-head yesterday." That's fine. Just none of this, "You think I'm a poopie-head," or "I know I'm just an old poopie-head [in general]." (Not that any of my friends actually use the word "poopie-head." I'm just trying to keep the illustration semi-clean here.)

Last, but certainly not least, if you think this post is about you, do not get your panties in a wad. If we've had a C-T-J meeting within the last 48 hours, you and I are cool. There's just been a rash of this crap going around (from me included *sheepish*) and I am freaking sick and tired of it.

And remember, this crap wouldn't bother me at all if I didn't love you occasionally-aggravating people so gosh-darn much.

PSA over. Returning to local programming....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE you, man! I cannot tell you how often I have felt this way and just kept a lid on it. One of the nice things about turning into an old lady is that the lid is way, way looser then it used to be. In other words, good for you that you figured it out way sooner then me.