Monday, April 16, 2007

The Neverending Sweater



Oh my gourds! She's multiposting again!

Yeah, well both my kids are asleep. I take advantage of that whenever I can.

This, my friends, is the neverending sweater. I won't tell you what size my husband is, but it isn't a women's small. This sucker has a lot of stitches.
And there's about a bazillion more rows to go before the neck (well, more like 30, but it FEELS like a bazillion). At least he's anti-turtleneck.



Ok, now for the gory details.

It's out of Paton's Pure Merino in "Natural Marl," found on sale last year at Michael's for something ridiculous like $4 for 220yds. It's very very soft and arany.

Pattern: Zimmerman's Knitting Without Tears, Beth Brown-Reinsel's Knitting Ganseys, and Elsebeth Lavold's Vikingmonster book all had a baby together. You can see the freakishness of my pattern drafting in the armshaping, which is BOTH raglan AND gusset. Yup, my husband is a freak with fat armpits... (just kidding... it's really because he has to streeeeetch way over the table when he plays pool and billiards).


1 comment:

Tucker said...

That is beautiful. Great work.