Thursday, July 26, 2007

I felted it.

Yes, the Jamie Jumper.

Yes, I'm still crying.

After initial blocking, it was about a foot too long for Mr. Robincat. So, I thought.. hrm... front load washer + handwash cycle = success. I forgot one factor.

Patons Merino felts like a motherf*cker. (Sorry, G'mamom, there was really no other word for this.)

I'll post pics after I quit beating my head against the wall and finish stretching it out to Mrs. Robincat size.

I need chocolate... or valium... or a stiff drink... or a good... nevermind. I need a frackin' time machine.

Okay.. I'm ready to do some "after" pictures. I think it's salvageable, but I may have to cut off the sleeves and call it a vest. I'm having trouble with the left arm, but everything else is actually stretching to his size (and not shrinking back when I turn my head). Of course, the cabling is much subdued now, but he kinda likes that look.

nordicjumper 029

nordicjumper 028

nordicjumper 030

3 comments:

carla said...

Oh, NO! Hopefully when you get over the initial rage you can still make something nice out of it. It was a beautiful sweater.

Anonymous said...

Oh a knitters worse nightmare. I really feel for you right now. It's still beautiful and hopefully is salvagable!

Anonymous said...

Oh, whatever. just tell people you meant to do it. it's a design feature. i kinda like the way it looks.